Descripción del Puesto
The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions domestically and abroad (Latin America)
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Maintaining physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits, and attendance records.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions for USA and Latin America.
• Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
• Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Process benefit enrollments, changes, and terminations for all benefit plans (Insurance, 401K, etc.).
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
• Support the HR department with new hires, termination, digital employee folders, benefits, and other processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with payroll software. Preferred ADP
• Ability to travel (limited during the year, around 20%)
• Knowledge/experience in the US Payroll is a plus
• Bilingual (Spanish & English)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
• 3+ years of related experience required.